2016 IEEE International Conference on Power System Technology
Novotel Northbeach, Wollongong, NSW Australia
28 September – 1 October 2016
The University of Wollongong (UOW) is pleased to host IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) sponsored International Conference on Power Systems Technology (POWERCON) and co-sponsored by the Chinese Society of Electrical Engineers (CSEE) in 2016. The conference will be held in Wollongong, Australia from September 28 – October 1, 2016 at the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach.
Call for papers
The theme of this conference is “Challenges, Solutions and Opportunities for Sustainable Energy Systems”. The Organising Committee of POWERCON 2016 invites researchers, practitioners and students worldwide to submit papers for consideration to be presented at the conference. The conference will provide an opportunity to not only explore the challenges facing sustainable energy systems of the future, but also to share a vision for solutions and opportunities to those challenges. Contributions are particularly encouraged in the following subject areas in Power Engineering:
- 1 December 2015: Paper submission system opens
- 15 April 2016: Paper submission system closes
- 30 June 2016: Final notification of paper acceptance. Authors will be informed of necessary revisions if any and instructed how to proceed with final submissions.
- Papers must not exceed more than six A4 pages in total (including author names and biographies, text, figures, tables, and references).
- Papers must conform to the IEEE PES guidelines for technical work. For further information see the PES Author’s Kit (which includes links to templates).
- Submission of papers must be as PDF documents.
- Submission of final papers must be converted to PDF and verified for IEEE Xplore®-compatability using IEEE PDF eXpress. Note: The IEEE Conference ID for POWERCON 2016 is 35682.
- Submission of final papers must be accompanied by a completed IEEE Copyright Form.
(The documents are in the Section “Viewable and printable versions of the IEEE Copyright Form”. Make sure the version you upload is PDF.)
- Any registered individual may only present a maximum of 2 papers.
- Convert your document to IEEE Xplore-compatabile PDF using PDF eXpress.
- Submit your PDF document by logging in to EasyChair for POWERCON 2016.
Paper presentation guidelines
All paper presentations at POWERCON 2016 will be oral presentations prepared and delivered in English. Presentations should be of ‘PowerPoint’ style for delivery via data projector. Computer and projection facilities will be available at the conference venue.
Presenters should meet with the session chair in their allocated room at least 15 minutes before the session in which they are scheduled to present commences. Each paper presentation will be 18 minutes in duration consisting of 15 minutes speaking time followed by 3 minutes of question time. Session Chairs will strictly enforce presentation durations.